Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock over the last year, you’ve been hearing the phrase “content marketing” everywhere. In fact, a recent a survey of client side marketers worldwide by Econsultancy and Adobe showed one area of digital marketing jumping dramatically in the last year to become the top priority for 2013, and it was–you guessed it– content marketing. And as Digiday recently wrote describing the shift happening in the ad landscape: “Advertisers are no longer content to relegation in the boxes along the periphery of the page. Talk to any major brand, and the word ‘content’ will come up within the first five minutes.”
We’re not in Kansas anymore Dorothy, and neither is your marketing program.
About MeI’ve been working in marketing and advertising since 1985, online marketing since 1992, and had my first experience with the revolution that is search working with the pioneering AltaVista search engine in 1996. I’ve run $100 million TV campaigns for Fortune 500 companies and lived the wonderful, reliable era of mass advertising and long client lunches by the Four Seasons LA pool. And what I can tell you having done this for a while is the safe and predictable orbit of your marketing universe has ended. If you are a marketer, advertiser or just a business trying to get a few customers, disruption is here. All that you need to do to get done what you need to get done, is changing very quickly. Social Media, Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search, Analytics and Mobile Marketing are revolutionizing the way you get people to buy whatever it is you’re selling. And you either need to get on the bus and starting tooting the horn, or at the very least figure out how not to get run over. This blog is here to help you do that.Read More .
- The Local University Experience
- The Fundamental Reason Why Content Marketing Is Exploding Today
- Local Digital Marketing Basics: A Quick Primer on Priorities
- The BlueglassX View: Why Local Search Hypergrowth Is Here
- AuthorRank: The Real Reason For Google+ and Why You Need To Climb On The Clue Train
- A Primer On The State of the Internet 2012
- The New Multi-screen World: A Look At The Changes That Are Changing Everything
- Today If Your Marketing Campaign Doesn’t Integrate Social, It’s Not A Campaign
- Welcome to the One-Screen World by @MitchJoel t.co/Pl1cgbowcC Time ago 1 Hour via HootSuite
- After Hijackings, Twitter Adds Two-Step Security Feature via @NYTimes t.co/PcPlbn8xre Time ago 6 Hours via HootSuite
- Why everyone's confused about native advertising by @lieblink t.co/uljPWEBfN2 Time ago 9 Hours via HootSuite
By: Web Designer
Follow @johnhdenny on twitter.