Just in the last week, the 2012 Local Search Ranking Factors survey was released by David Mihm- the 5th edition of his study. While the release didn’t make headlines in the search industry, I would argue that if you are trying to understand the basics of local search, this is the place where you want to start. So what exactly is the Local Search Ranking Factors Study and why should you pay attention?
We’re not in Kansas anymore Dorothy, and neither is your marketing program.
About MeI’ve been working in marketing and advertising since 1985, online marketing since 1992, and had my first experience with the revolution that is search working with the pioneering AltaVista search engine in 1996. I’ve run $100 million TV campaigns for Fortune 500 companies and lived the wonderful, reliable era of mass advertising and long client lunches by the Four Seasons LA pool. And what I can tell you having done this for a while is the safe and predictable orbit of your marketing universe has ended. If you are a marketer, advertiser or just a business trying to get a few customers, disruption is here. All that you need to do to get done what you need to get done, is changing very quickly. Social Media, Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search, Analytics and Mobile Marketing are revolutionizing the way you get people to buy whatever it is you’re selling. And you either need to get on the bus and starting tooting the horn, or at the very least figure out how not to get run over. This blog is here to help you do that.Read More .
- Content Marketing and the Tsunami of Spam
- A Primer on Digital Marketing Services: The Fastest Growing Segment of Local Media
- The Local University Experience
- The Fundamental Reason Why Content Marketing Is Exploding Today
- Local Digital Marketing Basics: A Quick Primer on Priorities
- The BlueglassX View: Why Local Search Hypergrowth Is Here
- AuthorRank: The Real Reason For Google+ and Why You Need To Climb On The Clue Train
- A Primer On The State of the Internet 2012